16 Jun Saudi Arabia warns of six products that cause car fires during summers
Saudi Arabian authorities have warned of the six products that can cause car fires in summer, as the temperature rises.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) Civil Defense warned the public against leaving these products inside a vehicle during intense heat, particularly due to their flammable nature.
Six products that might expose the car to fire:
- Portable charger
- Liquid hand sanitizer
- Compressed perfume
- Gas canister
- Phone battery
To safeguard, the authorities has also issued advice for motorists to try and lower the risk of vehicle fires:
- Monitor engine oil and radiator levels before your trip
- Turn off the engine at petrol stations and avoid smoking
- Get annual safety checks done from reputable car service centres
- Close the fuel tank cap firmly
- Keep a fire extinguisher in the car
- Keep a first-aid kit on board
Data shows the number of car fire accidents in summer have increased in Saudi Arabia in recent years, resulting in disastrous consequences. As a result, the authorities have called on motorists to take safety and security measures to avoid such accidents.