Thank goodness for sprinklers

Thank goodness for sprinklers

An eight storey tall building used by the Fox News network and two other television companies in the American capital Washington had to be evacuated after a fire broke out.

The fire was started by a faulty electrical panel in one of the TV studios but an efficient alarm and sprinkler system enabled workers to quit the building without any injuries being suffered.

A spokesman for the Washington fire services aid: “Thank God for sprinklers – they are very effective devices. They contained the fire and our firefighters finished it off.”



Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, many events have been cancelled or postponed. Please check the event website for further details