06 Dec Fire-Dex Launches the First-Ever NFPA 1951 Certified Technical Rescue Glove
Fire-Dex, the fastest-growing manufacturer of PPE for first responders, has introduced the Dex-Rescue Glove, for emergency responders attending fire scenes.
Designed to be a first responder’s best friend, the Dex-Rescue Glove is the industry’s first non-structural glove certified to NFPA 1951 (“Standard on Protective Ensembles for Technical Rescue Incidents”). The new glove brings wearers the very best in puncture resistance and flash fire protection. Extremely durable and comfortable, there is no worry about this glove melting or igniting due to a flash fire or restricting manual dexterity in critical moments.
Todd Herring, Vice President, Product Innovation and Strategy for Fire-Dex, commented: “There are vast numbers of extrication gloves on the market, but are not certified to NFPA 1951. Our close work with extrication specialists has highlighted protection priorities that are much different for technical rescue than for structural firefighting. We saw this as an opportunity to give emergency responders the specialised protection they deserve.”
Dex-Rescue Gloves meet the industry’s highest standards for cut, abrasion and comfortability while helping wearers maintain a better grip on potentially dangerous situations with enhanced features. These are based on the qualities of popular Dex-Pro Gloves that wearers already know and love for structural calls, with enhancements concentrated on rescue applications including:
- Pigskin construction as the best choice for abrasion resistance and breathability in wet and dry conditions, that also feels broken in right out of the bag.
- Goatskin finger sidewalls helping improve manual dexterity by remaining soft and pliable over time.
- Smart-touch materials making it easy to use mobile devices in the field without removing one’s gloves.
- Rollover fingertips for increased dexterity and gripping power.
- Keystone thumb design permitting a 360° range of motion for added flexibility.
- Dex-Flex fingers that are naturally bent to reduce restriction and hand fatigue.
- Impact guards providing sturdy knuckle and finger protection from impacts, cuts and punctures.
Available in XS, S, M, L, XL and XXL sizes to ensure a proper individualised fit, Dex-Rescue Gloves are made with materials that make a difference in the line of duty by providing advanced palm and back-of-hand protection.
Visit Firedex.com to see new Dex-Rescue Gloves and more options for top-quality PPE from head to toe.